7 Best Used Cars under $5000 You Can Buy in 2018
Buying a car is a dream for many peoples. But, due to the increasing prices of new cars, it becomes difficult for a person to afford a new car. So, used cars are better options.
Many people complain that having a low budget does not allow them to buy a car that is cheap and reliable. It is not true at all. There are many cars that are affordable, reliable and still can be bought at a low price that like 5000 dollars. You find used cars under $5000 with a little research.
Where to Find Used Cars for Sale Under 5000 Dollars?
Do you want to buy cheap used cars under 5000 dollars? Do you think you have enough money to purchase a used car in this range?
You have many options when looking to buy a used car under 5000 dollars.
You can search for a pre-owned used car seller for the purchase of the car. You can purchase the car without any medium between you and seller. It can be easier for you. You may find it easier but you need to carefully consider before making a purchase when dealing with a private owner. Ask your friends or family to find a used car for you.
A used car dealership is another option that you can use. With a little research, you can find used car dealers near you. Dealers provide a variety of used cars of different brands and models. Due to a large variety of cars, you have a higher chance of finding a good used car under $5000. You can also avail different offers dealers provide. Even you can get significant discounts if you buy cars in bulk. Visit the stock of a used car dealer and choose a car that fits your needs.
What to look for Used Cars under $5000?
The low price of used cars attracts many peoples. But, it is important to do proper homework before the purchase of a used car. You are going to spend a significant amount of money and it is necessary to get what you pay for. Here is what you need to do before the purchase of used cars under 5000.
- It is necessary to check the interior and exterior of the car carefully because it can have an effect on the value of the car you want to purchase. You should look for everything including repairs to the car. Make it sure that the car has been repaired professionally if there are any minor repairs. Do not buy if there are too many repairs. Open the hood and take a look at the engine and parts. You should be alarmed if parts are dirty and rusted.
- It is better to take the car for a test drive to check it in details. You can get a good feel for how the car performs. You can also get the idea of brakes by testing them. Pay close attention to any weird sounds.
- Pay attention to any leaking fluids that may indicate a problem later. Run the car for at least half an hour and check for any leaking substances.
- Some people do not take the time to get a mechanic and inspect the car which can be dangerous. It is important even if you have to pay a mechanic. You may check a car yourself but a professional can take a detailed look at it. It can reveal hidden repairs that you may not have noticed. Hiring a professional to do the work is well worth the price.
- You should read reviews about the car make and model. Do research on the make and model of the car that you want to purchase. Read what users of the car say about the car. It may help you discover some defects about the car that you want to purchase. You can easily find a review online.
- You need to make it sure that you are purchasing the car at the fair price. Read reviews for the same make and models on different online sites and compare the prices. Price depends on many factors but you can get a good idea.
- A vehicle history report is necessary to review in order to get a good variety of car. Such a report can help you see a problem, ownership history, and previous accidents. You can ask the dealer to provide your vehicle history report.
Here are some of the most reliable used cars you can buy for under $5000.
Toyota Corolla, 2000 and older
Toyota Corolla is one of the most popular cars in the world. In many counties, this car can be seen on the roads. It is also a reliable car. If you are looking for a cheap Toyota Corolla under $5000 then you can go for Toyota Corolla 2000 and older. By buying this car, you can make it sure that you are buying a car that can run for long miles.
Mazda Miata, 1990 to 1997
Mazda is a famous automaker that is famous for reliable cars like other Japanese automakers. Mazda Miata is a model that is famous. It is no wonder that it is a top choice for those willing to buy under $5000. It is a good car that offers fun and less headache. This car was precisely engineered to reward the driver. Most Miata that you look will have bodies that are in excellent condition. Moreover, this car has a good rating on many websites Kelley Blue Book.
Subaru Impreza Outback, 1998 to 2003
Subaru is a brand name that is known for producing quality cars. Its sale indicates how much it offers for the money. Impreza is said to be the backbone of Subaru lineup. Subaru Impreza Outback is a top choice for inexpensive used cars. With a history of reliability, it offers a large and spacious interior. It is a good choice for foul weather and rough roads.
Honda CR-V, 2002
This offers an impressive amount of cargo and passenger space. It offers a good fuel mileage. Depending on your aesthetic/ measurement this Honda CR-V is both a mini-sport utility and revisionist/retro station wagon. It is a good vehicle in the price range.
There is another good aspect of this as this Honda scored well in IIHS and NHTSA crash and safety testing.
2004 Subaru WRX
This car offers a lot with a reasonable price. A 2.0-litre turbocharged engine gives the car 227 horsepower, and all-wheel drive and manual transmission that makes it one of the best. It is a good car in this price range.
2009-2013 Honda Fit
Honda Fit is a good addition to this list. It is a hatchback. It manages to be a practically entertaining drive. Amazingly flexible interior and agreeable pricing makes it one of the best choices for this price range.
2004 Mazda RX-8
Mazda has been one of the best-selling sports cars. Mazda RX-8 is a sports car that was built by Mazda between 2003 and 2013. It is one of the most ingenious cars to be designed. With four seats and rear doors, this Mazda is a good choice for common use than most other competitors. It has a seating capacity of four passengers.
Which is your best-used car under $5000?